NASA’s next Mars rover has a new name: “Perseverance”. This name is reminiscent of its wheeled predecessors: Pathfinder, Spirit, Opportunity and Curiosity. Long live Perseverance, which will be launched this summer from Cape Canaveral towards the red planet! “Perseverance” has a piercing eye, the laser of the SuperCam instrument that was specially built by the United States and France to study the geology of the soil and rocks of Mars. The instrument will help scientists in their search for early, fossilized signs of microbial life on the Red Planet. SuperCam’s powerful laser sprays very small amounts of rock from a distance, emitting a spark whose light is analyzed. The instrument thus provides essential information on the composition of Martian rocks.
- LA FRANCE SUR MARS A BORD DU ROVER PERSEVERANCE DE LA NASA (CNES)
- La France sur Mars avec le rover américain MARS2020 (TechnoScience.net)
- Perseverance roulera sur Mars en 2021 (Cité de l’Espace)
- Pourquoi le rover Mars 2020 s’appelle Perseverance ? (Futura Sciences)
- Sylvestre Maurice, firstname.lastname@example.org